Those Left Behind
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

*****Important*****

+2
Jaden144
Sycksun
6 posters

Go down

*****Important***** Empty *****Important*****

Post  Sycksun Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:15 am

Hackers are becoming more numerous on our server than before: thus we need your input on things we can begin to do in order to recoup after a hacker strike; there for - use this thread to voice your ideas:

Example: Admins should have an auto kit ready to give to players affected by hackers that are predefined and easily given to players. These kits should include "......".

No server that I've ever been too has not had to deal with Hackers to this extent... please help me in my attempts and understand we are doing the best we possibly can given our abilities.

Thanks,
Wrotwood
Sycksun
Sycksun
Admin
Admin

https://thoseleftbehind.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

*****Important***** Empty Re: *****Important*****

Post  Jaden144 Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:46 am

I'll help out as much as i can.
Jaden144
Jaden144

Back to top Go down

Post  grinder01 Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:56 am

have we considered a temporary password lockdown?

i know you guys are going for server rank, but the loss of some bambis might be worth it in the long run if it keeps the loyal customers around.

grinder01

Back to top Go down

Post  Sycksun Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:33 am

That is certainly on the table: rank is not necessarily our concern, rank is one of the fun challenges.
If we did a password type of system we would still have the possibility of being hacked, but probably less frequently.
Sycksun
Sycksun
Admin
Admin

https://thoseleftbehind.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Pacifist Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:51 pm

One server I played on previously would shut down the server immediately if there was evidence of a hacker (if admins were on), and do a 4-5 minute rollback.

If there was a kit to be given out I'd have it include slightly more than what is offered by the tier loadouts. Maybe an AK as main weapon with 3 mags, 3-4 cans of food and 3-4 soda cans.

Quick note specific to Bandit, I'd recommend you setup an overlay to block chat and your name where it shows up on the inventory & epeen monitor if you plan to continue streaming. Running a stream with no overlay is going to attract players that want to cause problems imo.

Pacifist

Back to top Go down

Post  Incubus Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:29 pm

Pacifist wrote:One server I played on previously would shut down the server immediately if there was evidence of a hacker (if admins were on), and do a 4-5 minute rollback.

If there was a kit to be given out I'd have it include slightly more than what is offered by the tier loadouts. Maybe an AK as main weapon with 3 mags, 3-4 cans of food and 3-4 soda cans.

Quick note specific to Bandit, I'd recommend you setup an overlay to block chat and your name where it shows up on the inventory & epeen monitor if you plan to continue streaming. Running a stream with no overlay is going to attract players that want to cause problems imo.

Bandit streams???
Incubus
Incubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaden144 Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:38 pm

Incubus wrote:
Pacifist wrote:One server I played on previously would shut down the server immediately if there was evidence of a hacker (if admins were on), and do a 4-5 minute rollback.

Bandit streams???
WHAT IS HIS STREAM
Jaden144
Jaden144

Back to top Go down

Post  Incubus Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:32 pm

Jaden144 wrote:
Incubus wrote:

Bandit streams???
WHAT IS HIS STREAM
DONT YOU TOUCH MY GIRLFRIEND
Incubus
Incubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Bandit Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:12 am

Bandit
Bandit

Back to top Go down