Those Left Behind
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MY personal views on the new server.

+6
Jaden144
Minja
Steelkhor
Geist
Jagger.D
UFO Gamer
10 posters

Go down

MY personal views on the new server. Empty MY personal views on the new server.

Post  UFO Gamer Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:07 am

Well first off I would like to starting off by saying that you guys are by far the best server out. When you guys were down I went from server to server and they all sucks, either with hackers or glitches. Once I saw that our server was back on I was excited! But some things have changed... I personally think the helis with missiles and the Jets totally ruins the fun of this server. I know everyone likes the heli with the radar but I just think it kills the fun of being able to sneak up people with/on helis. AS for clans/groups I love the whole thing I like that people don’t get along and that starts war that’s fun! My main point of this form was to point out that I personally don’t like the heils with missiles or the jets.

Thanks for amazing server,
UFO Gamer
UFO Gamer
UFO Gamer

Back to top Go down

MY personal views on the new server. Empty Just a reply

Post  Jagger.D Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:17 pm

TL;DR: I agree with the above post, I think it will push away players/community. I understand I can simply leave, which I will probably do if abuse starts. But I figured I'd give my 2 cents first.

Just be careful when voicing your opinion ufo-gamer, I made the same point and the admins friend simply told me "Shut up, its the admins server, it's not up to you".

I completely agree though. The first time I visited this server I had an admin teleport to me and fire near me 3-4 times, give away my numbers and position in side chat, and then continue to stalk me.

Then I logged in today to see apache + cobra + a10 going over. If they're not being used to engage players then I wouldn't personally mind, but imagine a fresh person's perspective. If i logged into the server trying to find somewhere I could play and had people teleporting to me, admin giving away my position, a10 + apache/cobras flying over me, I would jump to a conclusion that the server isn't admin'd/hackproof, or they have crazy overpowered obtainable vehicles and just chose another.

I completely agree that it's up to the admins what they do with the server and if I don't like it I can leave anytime, but that's not the point of this post. I see the owner(s) value your server rank and player amount so it's just a friendly suggestion that you stop trying to push away players.

When I voiced these opinions I got flamed to crap, later on I noticed the same guy was flying in the cobra with the admin so that was no surprise there.

On a final note, it depends what you want to do... anyone can host a server with zombies + jets... But when you slate me for having an opinion saying it's not up to me it's up to the admin, you do realize how stupid that comment is? If you want your server to rank higher and become more popular it's the communities opinion that matters.

I understand that the kid who flamed me doesn't have the mental capacity to see the bigger picture, but imagine the message that he sent to the players when he said "Jagger, SHUT UP, if admin wants to do it he will" whilst flying over in an apache gunboat with thermals, hydras, M230 cannon and hellfires. First idea that comes to mind is admin power abusing, people don't usually enjoy that outlook even if it's not the case, but from your message that's what is being portrayed.

Jagger.D

Back to top Go down

MY personal views on the new server. Empty Re: MY personal views on the new server.

Post  Geist Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:45 pm

Jagger.D wrote: Just be careful when voicing your opinion ufo-gamer, I made the same point and the admins friend simply told me "Shut up, its the admins server, it's not up to you".
I completely agree though. The first time I visited this server I had an admin teleport to me and fire near me 3-4 times, give away my numbers and position in side chat, and then continue to stalk me.
I understand that the kid who flamed me doesn't have the mental capacity to see the bigger picture, but imagine the message that he sent to the players when he said "Jagger, SHUT UP, if admin wants to do it he will" whilst flying over in an apache gunboat with thermals, hydras, M230 cannon and hellfires. First idea that comes to mind is admin power abusing, people don't usually enjoy that outlook even if it's not the case, but from your message that's what is being portrayed.

Okay, to address the first paragraph. Which of the Admins told you to basically STFU?

Second, which Admin teleported to you and gave away your position on side channel? And which one is still stalking you? That makes no sense at all to me.

Third, who "flamed" at you?

And as for the attack helicopters and planes, to the best of my knowledge they were being tested to see if they could in fact be placed on the server. Again to the best of my knowledge they have been removed for the fear that they would be too over powered.

In order to address the issue of which ever Admin you feel is abusing their powers and what not I need names not just "This one Admin said... Blah blah blah." Understand that I'm not trying to patronize or otherwise mock you in any way. I simply want to get to the bottom of this and solve the issue at hand.

There are so many things going on with the server all at once that its hard to police everything immediately. The person who "flamed" at you needs to be named as well to be dealt with accordingly. If nothing else give me a date that the issues happened and I will check out the logs to see what really happened.

Thanks for your time.

---Geist

Geist
Geist
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

MY personal views on the new server. Empty Re: MY personal views on the new server.

Post  Steelkhor Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:58 pm

I still love this server. It's by far the best server there is.

That said, I remember two admin going at it in two A10s over my head near Stary two nights ago. I almost got caught in a rocket barrage, and the first thought that went through my head was "That's overpowered as hell".

Steelkhor

Back to top Go down

Post  Geist Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:09 pm

Steelkhor wrote:I still love this server. It's by far the best server there is.

That said, I remember two admin going at it in two A10s over my head near Stary two nights ago. I almost got caught in a rocket barrage, and the first thought that went through my head was "That's overpowered as hell".

Yeah... We had a dogfight between the Admins. I won. But as far as I know the A-10's were removed.
Geist
Geist
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jagger.D Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:07 pm

Geist wrote:

Okay, to address the first paragraph. Which of the Admins told you to basically STFU?

Second, which Admin teleported to you and gave away your position on side channel? And which one is still stalking you? That makes no sense at all to me.

Third, who "flamed" at you?

First of all, I just want to get out there that I personally don't care what happens in regards to the situation. I can play on other servers, I just thought I'd give my account so that UFO didn't get the same treatment for voicing his opinion.

But when you read this you have to understand that I have no personal gain at all by reporting this crap, I stopped monitoring the forums but a friend of mine who plays here let me know you wanted a response. I mean I bet you get hundreds of people crying about admin abuse etc, there's no way around it, I'd rather just leave if I don't like something on a server.

1 + 3) It was Minja's friend who told me to STFU, pro bambi or something, didn't really wanna say names but since you asked. He just started talking over side chat stating nobody cares about our opinions and that it's up to the admin, even though a few of us were typing saying we thought they were op.

2) It was Minja who was teleporting to me, giving away my position on side chat and telling everyone we were in a group of 3-4 at NW. He also gave me 2-3 pair of nvgs, tons of loot ( by dying repeatedly) . Personally I think that's unfair as NVG's are usually hard to obtain, but 30 minutes in I was fully kitted up from him.

I can't really remember the date(s) but it was the day that you came asking about the satchels when he was stalking I believe. And flaming occurred last day i played the server.

At the end of the day, It's just the line between admins having more fun or providing the perfect server for the community. I hate to be judgmental but Minja is the only person I've had problems with, that's not to say hes a bad admin, these are my personal opinions.

From his actions on the server I expected him to be a teenager but he sounds pretty mature.

If you enjoy giving out loot/teleporting to people and shooting/giving away peoples positions/ doing what you like on your servers, then have fun with it by all means. I was simply giving my view from a players standpoint.

The only reason I wrote these replies is because you guys seem to want to move towards a higher ranked, possibly even #1 server eventually... and in this case you kinda have to put aside stuff like spawning in crap and teleporting around to shoot people.

Jagger.D

Back to top Go down

Post  Geist Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:34 pm

Jagger.D wrote:

The only reason I wrote these replies is because you guys seem to want to move towards a higher ranked, possibly even #1 server eventually... and in this case you kinda have to put aside stuff like spawning in crap and teleporting around to shoot people.

I couldn't agree more. The issues you presented will be dealt with.

Since I can't speak for all the Admins, this comes directly from my own personal view.

Voicing your opinion is what makes our server get better, rank up, and become the best. That is why I wanted to know all the information before making any decisions about what to do. I am fully willing to accept criticism, and praise all the like. The fact that you made this server your second home is a thing that I enjoy.

The fact that I'm an Admin on the server may mean that I have all the power in the world to do whatever I please, but when I'm in game I am a player just like EVERYONE ELSE on the server. That means I can shoot at people and be shot back at. If I die, I get over it, move on, and try again. That's all a part of the game.

I try to avoid using Admin power to abuse the players on the server, and I feel that the other Admins should do the same. That said, I will be bringing up this issue tonight with the other Admins and get their thoughts and ideas on the subject.

The fact that you brought up an actual name and event is a good thing and no ill action will be taken against you. You have my word.

We should all have a good time playing on our server. Even though none of the players own it, it is in truth OUR server. That means the regulars/randoms/all players. Without you guys to support us and tell us where you think we are faltering we would still be at 3000+ on the ranking list.

I would like to thank you for taking the time to voice your opinions.

Keep them flowing.

We want to be the best. We want everyone to have an enjoyable DayZ experience.

See you on the ground.

----Geist
Geist
Geist
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Minja Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:19 am

Well first of i wanna say, jagger whatever i have done to make your time on this server unenkoyable i apologize. We (as admins) try to make your time on this server as fun as it can be we want you here and we want you to stay, as you can see we modify the map, vehicles, and loot to give you a more immersive/fun gameplay. And as for teleporting to you and announcing your position on sidechat, what REALLY happened was i come to NW and get shot on sight automatically (by you) while i had a pistol and you an M107 or other high powered rifle of some sort (dont remember) so seeing as how there werent very many people on at the time just my group and yours i told them your location and also told them in mumble to stay away from you. Now as for stalking you yah i had a little fun teleporting up there about 3 more times to see what you would do i had no intention of killing you if i did you would have died but i dont believe in abusing power to get revenge. For you getting kitted up in 30 minutes from killing me over and over thats bullshit (pardon my french) the first time you killed me i had a full kit and gear so thats how you got geared up the other times i spawned up there i made sure i had no gear other than the normal spawn. You even asked me where all my bodies were to see if i had more gear id appreciate it if you didnt keep out details such as that to make me look like an asshole admin, but as far as pro bambi telling you off i cant control what he says to you. You voicing your opinions on the server actually was more of an interrigation towards all admins, you were threating global bans on us and what not becuase we spawned in OP vehicles. You seeing me and bambi in an attack chopper i was actually on my way to frop it off at skalisty so nobody would get ahold of them. The A-10's were spawned in becuase the admins were curious to see our limits.
Minja
Minja

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaden144 Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:59 pm

TL;DR I've had some hard times on the server, but I keep coming back. This server pisses me off more than any server, but that's because I've put so much effort into it. I enjoy (most of) the people on it and I always end the day usually satisfied with the outcome of that day. This server is fine the way it is. Yes, there is still some bugs to work out, but c'mon guys, in the end, we're all going to be standing around a campfire smoking and joking.

Then some asshole with throw a grenade and kill us all... COUGHAddisonCOUGH. Razz

But you get the point.
Jaden144
Jaden144

Back to top Go down

Post  Sycksun Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:03 pm

Jaden144 wrote:
Then some asshole with throw a grenade and kill us all... COUGHAddisonCOUGH. Razz
LOL... yeah =)
Sycksun
Sycksun
Admin
Admin

https://thoseleftbehind.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Minja Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:39 am

BAHAHAHA yes this is true...
Minja
Minja

Back to top Go down

Post  addison123 Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:51 am

so not cool...

addison123

Back to top Go down

Post  Grimm.B Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:23 am

I am disappointed with the server but I appreciate the admins that work hard. Sadly, in my opinion there are too many that play favorites with their friends/do things that augment the game in their favor.

I am done with "preferred" players who accuse me and my friends of hacking. You are not as good a shot as you think, you are not as stealthy as you think and you do not work well together. This is the second time preferred players have picked a fight with me and lost. They have to call the admins for us to stop and don't stop fighting while the admins are speaking with us. I am tired of getting justice for being murdered and penalized for it.

This is the pretext to why I will no longer play with you.

We were over Glowbaby's base, we saw one of these preferred players connecting. This preferred player said he doesn't use bases, so we stayed at the base to see if he logged in there. He did, we killed him. We then looted/blew up the Ural to get rid of his equipment. There was no discussion in side, no gloating and no confirmation that we were the culprits. Being intelligent people, we prepared for battle anyway. Not surprisingly, we got attacked. How did these preferred players know it was us? We repelled the attack and the preferred players logged off. They logged on after our group was gone, I saw that and came back to the server to defend our base. Glowbaby logged onto mumble later and asked about his ural and he then came to our base. I explained the above, apologized for the collateral damage and let him have meds and supplies to fix a chopper.

Everything above this I accept and would keep playing. The below I do not accept.

I let my guard down, Glowbaby killed me and told me how I "lied" to him. At 08:05 CST he put in chat that an admin told him the we destroyed his base and then killed the preferred player later. I was the first person to tell anyone that we had raided that base. An admin gave out information, that was in fact a lie, that he should not have. Please get to the bottom of this.

I know that some admins will say "We do not abuse our powers." The best one I have heard "If we abused our powers, You would be dead." Well guess what, I died because you gave out too much fabricated information.

I have since spoken and straightened out the incident with Glowbaby. I do not hold him accountable for being mislead.

Again, I appreciate the admins that are working hard to make this a good server. I will be gone until said admin is penalized for what he did.

btw
All those preferred players(you know who you are), you don't have to read my post. I know you will just post whatever you want, without intelligence or forethought. You could always complain to your friendly admins and maybe they will close the topic. Razz
Grimm.B
Grimm.B

Back to top Go down

Post  Geist Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:44 am

Grimm.B wrote:
Again, I appreciate the admins that are working hard to make this a good server. I will be gone until said admin is penalized for what he did.

*sigh* Okay, for starters in order for someone to be penalized there has to be a mention of who it is. Since my computer is out of commission for at least another 3-4 days I can't really do much to resolve this issue. I read the entire post, and I must admit that there are a few select players that seem to have special privlidges. From my stand point this is not the case. I will admit that there are a group of players that we do have. They were give special privledges due to the fact that they would keep an eye on things while the Admins were away.

Several of them were found to be basically bullying fresh spawns along the coast, and bullying other players in general. I have since talked to them about their behavior before my computer died, and I thought it had stopped. It appears that it has not. And I am annoyed by this. I can't speak for the other Admins, and as soon as I get back online and back on the server, I will not stand for any special privledged persons. It has to be stopped. I've been unable to witness most of the issues for over a week now, and am only basing my decisions on what I'm told, or what I read from this forum.

From my point of view, it seems that things have been running amok while I've been away. Now, that's not to say Wrotwood, Nutt, and Minja aren't doing their jobs, nor am I implying that. It just seems that so much has gone askew during my time away. When I get back, I will make sure that everyone is treated fairly, and rightly. And on a note: When I am online, in the server, playing the game; TREAT ME EXACTLY LIKE YOU WOULD ANY OTHER PLAYER. I may be an Admin but that shouldn't mean I abuse the players for killing me. I will shoot you. I will kill you. And I rarely miss. That said, treat me in the same manner.

Its a ****ing game, for God sakes. Treat it like one. I will not help ANY "privledged" player if they foolishly get themselves killed. Hell, I'll even murder them myself to teach em a lesson. Thsi injustice has to stop. I personally enjoy having you play on the server, you're good competition.

----Geist/Dragonfire

Geist
Geist
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Grimm.B Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:29 am

Geist wrote:*sigh* Okay, for starters in order for someone to be penalized there has to be a mention of who it is.

I can only speculate on which admin. If you would like me to post my speculations, I will. I wasn't in the mumble channel where Glow and this admin was. Glow would be the best person to ask which admin/s were in channel.

Geist wrote: When I am online, in the server, playing the game; TREAT ME EXACTLY LIKE YOU WOULD ANY OTHER PLAYER. I may be an Admin but that shouldn't mean I abuse the players for killing me. I will shoot you. I will kill you. And I rarely miss. That said, treat me in the same manner.

I appreciate your position and my post is to request the same treatment. Not from you, I've dealt with you in the past and you have always given me a fair deal.

Geist wrote:I personally enjoy having you play on the server, you're good competition.

I enjoy the playing with you as well. I do this to shine a light on the darker corners of the server.
Grimm.B
Grimm.B

Back to top Go down

Post  Incubus Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:56 am

Geist wrote:
Grimm.B wrote:

*sigh* Okay, for starters in order for someone to be penalized there has to be a mention of who it is. Since my computer is out of commission for at least another 3-4 days I can't really do much to resolve this issue. I read the entire post, and I must admit that there are a few select players that seem to have special privlidges. From my stand point this is not the case. I will admit that there are a group of players that we do have. They were give special privledges due to the fact that they would keep an eye on things while the Admins were away.

Several of them were found to be basically bullying fresh spawns along the coast, and bullying other players in general. I have since talked to them about their behavior before my computer died, and I thought it had stopped. It appears that it has not. And I am annoyed by this. I can't speak for the other Admins, and as soon as I get back online and back on the server, I will not stand for any special privledged persons. It has to be stopped. I've been unable to witness most of the issues for over a week now, and am only basing my decisions on what I'm told, or what I read from this forum.

From my point of view, it seems that things have been running amok while I've been away. Now, that's not to say Wrotwood, Nutt, and Minja aren't doing their jobs, nor am I implying that. It just seems that so much has gone askew during my time away. When I get back, I will make sure that everyone is treated fairly, and rightly. And on a note: When I am online, in the server, playing the game; TREAT ME EXACTLY LIKE YOU WOULD ANY OTHER PLAYER. I may be an Admin but that shouldn't mean I abuse the players for killing me. I will shoot you. I will kill you. And I rarely miss. That said, treat me in the same manner.

Its a ****ing game, for God sakes. Treat it like one. I will not help ANY "privledged" player if they foolishly get themselves killed. Hell, I'll even murder them myself to teach em a lesson. Thsi injustice has to stop. I personally enjoy having you play on the server, you're good competition.

----Geist/Dragonfire

I ran him over once and he came back and shot me ._. Proving a point...
Incubus
Incubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down